ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — A man has been charged and three other people, including a minor, were taken into custody following a police chase that ended in a crash in north St. Louis County Monday evening.
Trenton Bradford, 23, of Florissant, was charged with one count of second-degree assault and one count of resisting/interfering with a felony arrest. He is being held on a $100,000 cash-only bond.
At about 7:19 p.m. on Monday, an officer in the North County Precinct was on patrol in a marked cruiser near eastbound I-270 and Lilac Avenue. The officer spotted a silver Chevy sedan that matched the description of a vehicle involved in a shooting earlier in the afternoon. The shooting happened shortly after 3 p.m. in the 9800 block of Halls Ferry Road.
The county police officer activated their lights and tried to pull over the car, but the driver refused.
Police began chasing the car. Within five minutes, police said the suspects’ car crashed into a pickup truck near Chambers Road and Riverview Drive, causing the pickup truck to roll over.
Bradford got out of the driver's seat and the three other people got out of the back of the car and tried to get away, but officers were able to arrest them.
The suspects were approximately 15, 18, 20 and 23 years old. The 23-year-old was later identified as Bradford. None of them were injured.
Police said they found a long gun and possible drugs inside the car.
The pickup truck driver suffered serious injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital for immediate surgery. There is no word on the driver's condition.
Latest local headlines:
- Protest in Florissant after viral video of officer hitting man
- Night-vision goggles help chopper crew spot women lost on Missouri float trip
- Attractions, pools, camps, gyms | Here's what is opening and when in St. Louis, St. Louis County
- What St. Louis leaders say about disbanding or defunding police departments
- The criminal past of the man police say murdered retired St. Louis police captain
- Changes to St. Louis police ‘use of force’ policy to be proposed this week