CHESTERFIELD, Mo. — Five men are accused of stealing about $7,200 worth of UGG boots and Coach purses from the Chesterfield outlet malls earlier this month.
At least one of the thefts was caught on camera. Chesterfield police are hoping someone can help them identify the thieves.
Surveillance video from Dec. 8 showed five men walk in one by one to the UGG store at St. Louis Premium Outlets. They’re each seen grabbing a stack of up to four pairs of shoes and then briskly walking out of the store.
The boots were worth about $3,200.
About 10 minutes later, the same five men pulled off another huge haul, this time at the Taubman Prestige Outlets on the north side of Interstate 64, Chesterfield police reported. In a black Honda four-door sedan, the men drove straight from the UGG store to the Coach Outlet and stole about $4,000 worth of purses.
A Chesterfield officer tried to stop the car outside of the Coach Outlet, but it sped off.
In all, the men made off with about $7,200 worth of stolen items in a matter of moments, police said.
Anyone with information is urged to call Chesterfield police at 636-536-3000.
Latest local headlines:
- Woman’s Lexus SUV stolen from a gas pump in Sunset Hills
- Cardinals manager Mike Shildt gets engaged on Christmas Eve
- Men handing out free bus passes robbed on Christmas in downtown
- 7 people injured in Christmas Day shootings in St. Louis
- Ho-ho-hometown hero Pat Maroon returns to play Santa for his old teammates