CENTRALIA, Ill — A woman is facing charges related to the shooting death of a 13-year-old boy at a sleepover.
The shooting happened at her home.
Centralia police responded to Nicole Kirgan’s home in the early morning hours of Saturday, May 4. Officers found 13-year-old Jaden Krauss shot in the head. He died at a hospital two days later.
Kirgan was arrested Thursday on three counts of obstruction, Centralia police confirmed with 5 On Your Side. One count is related to the shooting. Two counts are related to burglaries.
On Wednesday, two teenagers were charged in connection with shooting. A 13-year-old and 15-year-old were arrested and charged with one count of obstruction of justice for their role in destroying evidence after the shooting, prosecutors said. Both will be tried as juveniles. Their names were not released.
The shooter, a 15-year-old boy, already pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and has been sentenced.
Police said they waited to charge the other teens until after the first teen’s trial was finished to see if any other evidence came out.
Top stories people are reading right now:
- 1 dead, 2 injured in South Carolina lightning strike
- Shooting outside Burlington store in south St. Louis
- VIDEO: Man pulls into Walmart parking lot in York County, sets American flag on fire
- Miami Dolphins player Kendrick Norton loses arm in crash
- 'I've known folks who've died for that flag' | Soldier completes Freedom Run in full gear, carrying American flag