ST. LOUIS — A 19-year-old who was shot and killed in north St. Louis early Tuesday morning has been identified.
The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department responded to the 5000 block of Maple Avenue at 1:29 a.m. This is in the area of St. Louis' Academy/Sherman Park neighborhood.
Kashus Campbell, 19, was found dead inside a vehicle with several gunshot wounds.
Police said they believe the shooting happened in the 4100 block of 22nd Street.
According to statistics from the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department, this is the first homicide of 2020 for the Academy/Sherman Park neighborhood. There were no homicides in the neighborhood in 2019.
Anyone with information is urged to call the department's Homicide Division directly at 314-444-5371, or CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS (8477).
More local stories:
- 1 person hospitalized after fire in north St. Louis County
- Dellwood COVID-19 testing facility postponed due to high demand
- Russ Faria to get $2M in settlement of lawsuit against police who investigated wife's death
- 8 employees at Annie Gunn's test positive for COVID-19
- Police investigating double shooting on Metro bus near Saint Louis University campus