ST. LOUIS — A man was shot in the Shaw neighborhood early Tuesday morning.
Police responded to Russell and Lawrence streets at 5:08 a.m. for the report of a shooting. They found a man in his early 20s who had been shot in his hand and rear end. He was awake and breathing when officers arrived.
Police added that they believe the shooting happened at Russell and Lawrence, but the victim was found in the 4200 block of Shaw.
Police used crime scene tape to section of their investigation area. 5 On Your Side spotted at least three evidence markers on the ground. All three were next to shell casings.
St. Louis police are investigating the shooting as an assault. They have not released any further information at this time.
Top stories people are reading right now:
- 3 men shot in 30 minutes overnight in St. Louis
- ‘The guns need to come off the streets’: Grandmother of 3-year-old killed in south St. Louis speaks out
- Helicopter pilot killed in NYC skyscraper crash identified
- David Ortiz back in Boston after being shot in Dominican bar
- Niagara Falls Police arrest suspect in hostage situation
Top video people are watching right now: