ST. LOUIS — An investigation is underway after a 26-year-old man was shot in Walnut Park Wednesday night.
At around 6:20 p.m., police were called about a shooting after the victim arrived at an area hospital suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg.
He told officers he was playing dice "somewhere" in Walnut Park around 5:30 p.m. when he heard gunshots and realized he had been hit. He ran away from the area and called a family member who took him to the hospital.
Police said the man was uncooperative and refused to provide any further information on the location of the shooting.
More Local News
- 15-year-old boy shot while sitting on porch in St. Louis
- 3-year-old boy fatally shot in north St. Louis Thursday night
- Mercy begins furloughing, laying off workers this week
- St. Louis radio host shares experience of getting antibody test
- Illinois State Police say they won't arrest people who are violating stay-at-home order