ST. LOUIS — A man said he was the victim of a shootout between two other cars in north St. Louis Saturday afternoon.
The 41-year-old told police he was driving on Mimika Avenue near Lalite Avenue, close to Riverview Boulevard, when he heard gunshots and saw his rear window shatter. The man said he then saw two vehicles involved in a shootout as they sped by him.
The man was shot in his shoulder and had a graze wound to his head. Emergency crews responded to the scene, but the man refused to be taken to a hospital, police said.
The investigation is ongoing.
Latest local headlines:
- 'It's not fair to Jaden' | Centralia mom fears her 13-year-old son's killer could soon go free
- Fields Foods cashier robbed at gunpoint at Washington Avenue location
- Woman killed in crash on Kingshighway early Sunday morning identified
- Aldi rolls out alcohol delivery service in St. Louis area
- Missouri UAW official charged in corruption probe steps down