ST. LOUIS — Two people are dead and several more are injured, including three children, after shootings across the city of St. Louis since Saturday.
In total, the St. Louis Metropolitan responded to 12 shootings in that timeframe:
- At 3 p.m. Saturday, a victim was shot in the ankle during an argument in the 1400 block of Chouteau, according to the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.
- At 4:14 p.m. Saturday, a teenager was shot on the 5800 block of Etzel and was conscious and breathing when taken to the hospital.
- At 7:48 p.m., a 25-year-old man was shot in the chest at AT Monroe bar on 2299 N. Florissant. The suspect, a 28-year-old man, was seen getting into a car outside of the bar with blood on the back of his shirt. SWAT officers pursued his car and took him into custody.
- At 8:37 p.m. Saturday, a 15-year-old boy was walking in the area of N. 15th Street and Pine when he heard gunshots and felt a pain in his arm. He ran, but was struck in the buttock and fell to the ground. He was taken to a hospital, where his vitals were listed as stable.
- At 10:37 p.m. Saturday, four people were in a vehicle driving on the 3400 block of Potomac when they passed a suspect who began shooting at them, police said. They fled until their car became disabled a couple of blocks away. A 12-year-old girl in the car was grazed in the calf by a bullet and a 23-year-old woman suffered a puncture wound to her left knee. They were both treated for their injuries at a local hospital. The other two people in the car, a 1-month-old boy and 23-year-old man, were not injured.
- At 11:15 p.m. Saturday, two men, ages 44 and 30, were sitting on a back porch on the 2400 block of Bacon when a man approached and fired several shots at them. The 44-year-old was struck several times in the midsection and the 30-year-old was struck in the leg. The suspect then ran away. The men were taken to the hospital; the 44-year-old was listed in critical, stable condition.
- At 11:55 p.m. Saturday, a man showed up at a local hospital with a graze wound to his back. He told police he had been sitting on his grandmother's back porch on the 5300 block of Wabada when a dark sedan drove by and someone inside shot at him several times. One of the bullets struck him while he ran inside the house.
- At 1:42 a.m. Sunday, a group of people were partying outside near 17th Street and Delmar Boulevard when a Party Transit bus drove by and the people onboard fired several shots into the crowd, police said. A 23-year-old woman was struck in the right arm and foot, a 26-year-old man was struck in the stomach and a 24-year-old man was struck in the leg. The man who was struck in the stomach was listed in critical condition.
- At 2:40 a.m. Sunday, three people were shot after witnesses said they were caught in the crossfire of an argument on the riverfront, at Leonor K Sullivan Boulevard and Dr. Martin Luther King Drive. A 24-year-old woman was shot in the stomach, leg and arm and was in critical condition, and a 21-year-old woman was shot in the upper body and was in critical, stable condition. A 29-year-old man also showed up to a hospital an hour later with a gunshot wound to his hand.
- At 3:12 a.m. Sunday, a 45-year-old man was shot on the 1300 block of Convention. He told police he was going car-to-car asking for cigarettes. The driver of a silver car became angry with him and told him he "didn't belong there," at which point he walked away. Several people from the car followed him and threw him to the ground before running back to their car and firing several shots at him. He was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the lower right leg.
- At 2:43 a.m. Sunday two men were found dead in a car on the 2700 block of N. 10th Street. Both of them had several apparent gunshot wounds. One of the men was identified as 25-year-old Willie Johnson; the other victim is an unidentified 23-year-old. A homicide investigation is underway. Anyone with information is asked to call the homicide division at 314-444-5371, or CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS (8477).
- At 1:04 p.m., a 26-year-old man was shot in the upper leg on the 3100 block of Nebraska. He was conscious and breathing when he was taken to the hospital.
More local stories
RELATED: Ferguson protests turn violent with reports of shots fired, rocks and fireworks were thrown at police