ST. LOUIS — A police officer was grazed by a stray bullet while participating in training Monday night in north St. Louis, a source told 5 On Your Side’s Christine Byers.
The officer was doing canine training with the canine unit at the ABB building near Interstate 70 when a bullet ricocheted and hit the officer. He refused medical help, the source said.
At this time, police believe the shooting originated on the other side of I-70 in the 5400 block of Bircher. There’s no word at this time about any arrests in this case.
St. Louis police have not released any details at this time.
Latest local headlines:
- St. Louis grocery stores limit meat purchases amid concern over shortages, panic buying
- More testing could give St. Louis officials a better guide on reopening economy
- 2 businesses sue over stay-at-home orders in St. Louis area
- Elective surgeries resuming in Missouri, St. Louis hospitals phasing in procedures
- Continued stay-at-home orders 'really the right thing to do' in St. Louis area, doctors say