BELLEVILLE, Ill. — A former resident of Four Fountains nursing home has tested positive for the coronavirus, according a spokesperson from the facility.
It is not clear when the resident was diagnosed with the virus and if the resident was living at the property at the time. The spokesperson also declined to answer when the last time the resident was at the facility.
The spokesperson said in a statement that Four Fountains is in "very close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking the appropriate steps at this time to contain the risk of any cases of the virus occurring within our facility."
The nursing home said it is implementing the "preventative and protective actions" issued by federal and state authorities.
More coronavirus coverage
- Coronavirus cases by ZIP code in the St. Louis area
- Coronavirus latest: Faint glimmers of hope as virus deaths appear to be holding after reaching 10K
- Jayson Tatum, Brad Beal team up to help provide meals for those in need in the St. Louis area
- St. Louis County Department of Public Health is in immediate need of cloth masks
- CenterPointe Hospital in St. Charles discontinues admissions after more than 15 staff members test positive for the coronavirus