ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — Firefighters are used to be on the frontlines of protecting the community, but on Monday, they took a moment to help those who are at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19.
Members of the Clayton Fire Department pooled their Monday and sent dinner to the emergency room workers at St. Mary’s Hospital in Richmond Heights.
“Thank you for all the work you are doing on the frontlines & know that we are here to support you,” the fire department wrote on Twitter.
Photos shared online showed several firefighters handing off meals to the hospital workers.
In an effort to continue supporting the St. Louis County community, firefighters bought the meals from JP Fields, a restaurant in Clayton.
More stories to make you smile:
- Watch: Kittens pounce and play at the St. Louis Aquarium
- Hospital staff brings chairs for expectant grandparents waiting outside
- Wentzville neighbors surprise 7-year-old with birthday parade after COVID-19 cancels his party
- 'A hero lives here' | Paramedic creates yard signs to support coworkers during COVID-19
- Show Me Kindness: Instacart shopper gives free toilet paper to customers in need
- Show Me Kindness: Chalk art, bear hunts brighten neighborhoods
- Show Me Kindness: Co-workers throw surprise birthday parade