LINCOLN COUNTY, Mo. — The Lincoln County Emergency Operations Center was activated Tuesday morning.
Officials said the Lincoln County Health Department requested the center to be activated due to the COVID-19 outbreak in parts of the country.
There are no current coronavirus cases in Lincoln County.
The activation of the center is a precautionary measure intended to “formalize certain elements including the planning process, any necessary resource requests, public information, etc.”
For everything we know about the coronavirus in the St. Louis area and across the country, click here.
More on the Coronavirus
- Stocks surge on Wall Street following worst day since 2008
- Pokémon event canceled in St. Louis due to coronavirus concerns
- Here are the latest coronavirus travel waivers from airlines, Amtrak and Greyhound
- New City School in St. Louis closed Tuesday as parent undergoes coronavirus testing
- 'They're being vilified' | Lawyer representing parents of woman who tested positive for coronavirus says officials did not tell them to quarantine