MACOUPIN COUNTY, Ill. — Macoupin County announced its first positive case of COVID-19 on Thursday.
Health officials confirmed the case is a woman in her 50s who is quarantined in her home.
Health officials have started an investigation on this case and are speaking with people with whom the woman may have had contact before she was diagnosed.
During the investigation, health officials may place others on home quarantine if it has been determined that they have had exposure, according to a press release.
On Wednesday, Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker announced the state had more than 6,000 cases of COVID-19 and 141 deaths associated with the virus.
Any residents who have questions should call the Macoupin County COVID-19 hotline at 217-313-5078.
More Coronavirus Coverage
- Everything we know about coronavirus in the St. Louis area
- Oprah Winfrey donates $10 million to coronavirus relief efforts
- Coronavirus cases by ZIP code in the St. Louis area
- Coping with coronavirus: Local event planner loses entire business in one day
- St. Louis artists being offered $60K in emergency relief grants
- 4 Missouri state parks to temporarily close due to overcrowding