ST. LOUIS — “Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth.”
At SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital, they are celebrating every recovery from COVID-19 in a special way.
Each time a COVID-19 patient is being discharged from the hospital, “Happy” by Pharrell Williams is played over the speakers.
One of the nurses, Jordan Sweet, posted a video doing her happy dance when the song was played.
On Thursday, the song was played 10 times! In total, 52 COVID-19 patients have been discharged from St. Mary’s Hospital.
More Coronavirus Stories
- Teen with special needs recovers from COVID-19
- Byers' Beat: How the coronavirus is impacting the lives and livelihoods of two St. Louisans
- 'Thank you for keeping the hospital safe' | 10-year-old boy pens letter to hospital custodians
- 'You think you have it rough?' | Kids quarantined with dad who is also their principal
- 'Please don’t shake my hand' | Local woman recreates Dolly Parton’s 'Jolene'