ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — A woman died after a house fire early Tuesday morning in St. Louis County.
Officers from the St. Louis County Police Department's North County Precinct responded to a fire alarm at 10000 block of Castle Drive around 2:30 a.m. and found the house on fire.
Crews knocked the fire down pretty quickly, a firefighter said. A woman was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
She was identified Tuesday as Darlene Honkey. She was 86 years old.
There is no word yet on what may have caused the fire, but the St. Louis County Police Department said the fire does not appear to be suspicious.
The county's Bureau of Crimes Against Persons and the Arson and Explosives Unit are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call the department at 636-529-8210 or CrimeStoppers at 1-866-371-TIPS(8477).
More local stories:
- Dellwood COVID-19 testing facility postponed due to high demand
- Kennedy Holmes' family members test positive for COVID-19
- 8 employees at Annie Gunn's test positive for COVID-19
- Police investigating double shooting on Metro bus near Saint Louis University campus
- Illinois school district provides free WiFi for remote learning