ST. LOUIS — An investigation is underway after a teenager was shot early Tuesday morning south of downtown St. Louis.
At around 1:50 a.m., police responded to the 1300 block of Park Avenue for a call for a shooting. When officers arrived, they found a 13-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg.
The boy told police he was walking with friends when he was approached by three people. Police said an altercation ensued and one of the suspects pulled out a gun and opened fire, striking the boy in the leg.
He was taken to the hospital for treatment. No one else was injured in the shooting.
MORE LOCAL NEWS
- Police: Man admits to breaking into Overland church 3 times in 3 weeks
- Kim Gardner suing city, police union, others, accusing them of racist conspiracy to force her from office
- East St. Louis school employee accused of assaulting an 8-year-old boy
- Why did it take so long for abandoned cars to be removed from city-owned parking garage?
- ‘He didn’t even try, he bolted’ | Man left his girlfriend to drown in flooded creek, police say