ST. LOUIS — An investigation is underway after a teenager was shot late Tuesday night in south St. Louis.
At around 8:40 p.m., police were called to the 400 block of Bates Street for a shooting. When they arrived, they found a 14-year-old boy suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
A preliminary investigation revealed the 14-year-old got into an argument with two people when one of them took out a gun and shot the 14-year-old.
Police said a witness returned fire at the suspects while they fled the area in a car.
The 14-year-old was taken to the hospital and remains there in critical condition.
This is a developing story and will be updated as 5 On Your Side receives more information.
- Employee sues law firm, claims she was drugged and sexually assaulted at company party
- Babysitter charged with stealing from parent, more victims possible
- 'The school must have a budget. They must have money' | St. Louis' 100-year-old nursing school will not accept new students
- 'He’s going to get a lot of treats!' | Good Samaritan reunites with dog after car stolen while helping strangers in St. Louis
- Former Cardinals catcher Ted Simmons elected to National Baseball Hall of Fame