ST. LOUIS — An investigation is underway after a 16-year-old boy was shot Friday afternoon.
At around 4:40 p.m., police responded to the 200 block of Eichelberger Street for a shooting.
When officers arrived, a 16-year-old and 14-year-old boy said they were walking in the area when someone approached them in a four-door sedan and pulled out a gun.
Both teens said they started running when they heard gunshots.
The 16-year-old said he felt pain and realized he was hit. He was taken to the hospital to be treated for his injuries.
The 14-year-old was not injured.
MORE LOCAL NEWS
- Puppy found in trash can held shut with bungee cords behind Wood River Walmart
- 3 injured after shooting in parking lot of Florissant bar
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office mourns loss of K9
- Saint Louis Zoo celebrates Raja’s 'golden' 27th birthday
- Man charged in 1987 murder of Franklin County woman
- 3 injured in I-270 shooting in Hazelwood