ST. LOUIS — Five people were able to get out of their home before it was destroyed by a fire Sunday night.

Charred rubble is all that's left at 1285 Stephenridge in Cottleville, Missouri. The Cottleville Fire Department said the homeowner was working in the garage when a piece of equipment caught fire.

The fire engulfed the house so quickly that the family didn't have time to grab anything or put on their shoes.

More News

Next Story

Not Available

Just For You

Not Available

Trending

Not Available

Neighbors said flames were 40 or 50 feet high and let up the entire neighborhood.

The Cottleville Fire Department has a nonprofit program called Fire Outreach. They gave the family gift cards to get some new clothes and paid to put them up in a hotel.