WENTZVILLE, Mo. – The all-clear was given at Wentzville Holt High School and the lockdown was lifted after a threat was found Tuesday morning.

A spokesperson for the Wentzville School District said there was social media threat that had a very specific time. The school was alerted to the threat after an anonymous tip. The threat was found on Snapchat. 

A spokesperson for the school said they identified over 40 students who were part of the social media thread and police are interviewing the students and searching backpacks.

Editor's note: A 5 On Your Side photographer on scene was previously told the school was being evacuated, but there were conflicting reports.

According to a Wentzville police spokesperson, the school was never evacuated. 

Notes sent to parents below

'Holt Parents and Staff,

Police are continuing to investigate the threat at Holt High School. We have identified over 40 students who were part of the social media thread and police are working through interviewing the students and searching backpacks and lockers. A staging area has been set up at Heartland Park for parents as no students are being permitted to leave the building while the investigation continues. Please know the safety of all our students and staff are our first priority and we will keep you posted once the police are confident the building is secure.

Thank you,

WSD Community Relations'

'Holt Parents,

Holt High School remains on lockdown while Wentzville police continue to investigate the social media threat. We ask that parents do not go to the school as no students are being release at this time. A staging area for parents has been set up at Heartland Park if parents wish to go there.  We will share more information as we have it.'

Police said they don't believe the threat is credible. They do not have a suspect.

This is a developing story and will be updated as 5 On Your Side receives more information.