ST. LOUIS — St. Louis BattleHawks players spent their day off on Tuesday kicking off their new community hustle outreach program.
They took a tour of Operation Food Search and learned about the organization before packing backpacks of food for St. Louis families.
The BattleHawks said they packed more than 1,400 meals!
Operation Food Search is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending hunger in the St. Louis area.
OFS distributes $3 million worth of food and household items to 330 community agencies, which feed 200,000 people in need each month, according to its website.
Sunday, the BattleHawks played their first game against the Dallas Renegades, which they won 15-9.
They will be back in Texas on Feb. 16 to take on the Houston Roughnecks.
More Local News
- Suicide prevention documentary 'Wake Up' selected for its first film festival
- In the market for a castle? This one comes with an 18-hole golf course
- This restaurant brings the Caribbean to St. Louis
- Man drives through own home in north St. Louis County
- St. Louis native Jenna Fischer picks Girls on the Run St. Louis to receive $10K donation