ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — E-commerce behemoth Amazon is expected to open its first brick-and-mortar retail store in St. Louis.
A company spokesperson did not say when the Amazon 4-Star store, located near the Apple store at the Saint Louis Galleria, will open but did confirm that the company is currently hiring. The owner of the Galleria, Brookfield Properties, did not immediately respond to a request for more information.
The Amazon 4-Star store sells products from Amazon.com that are rated four stars or higher by buyers, as well as top-selling, new and trending products. Products include consumer electronics, kitchenware, home goods, toys, books and games.
Customers can use Amazon Pay, the Amazon mobile app and Amazon gift cards, in addition to traditional cash and credit cards, to pay for items.
Read the full story on the St. Louis Business Journal website.
More St. Louis Business Journal stories:
- Architecture firm exec says companies will put focus on outdoor spaces in post-COVID era
- Why St. Louis' luxury housing market is seeing an uptick in new listings
- Chris 'Mac' McKenzie turned his love of quality meat into one of St. Louis' best burgers
- Ameren Missouri launches $500,000 COVID-19 relief fund for small businesses, nonprofits
- ‘It hurts all of downtown’: With no baseball crowds, business owners navigate a lost summer
- This St. Louis firm built tech to monitor hand washing. Here's why it now sees a chance for growth.