ST CHARLES, Mo. — Guerrilla Street Food has shuttered its St. Charles location, one of five locations it operates.
The location at 2236 First Capitol Drive, inside Two Plumbers Brewery + Arcade, closed after service Friday, officials said.
The restaurant opened inside the brewery early this year.
The Filipino American restaurant and food truck operator announced the closure Friday in a thread on Twitter that discussed recent restaurant closings.
"Sometimes, no matter how great your food is, how much you improve, innovate, how good your hospitality is, you still don’t get supported," Guerrilla Street Food said in the tweet. "We’re closing our St. Charles spot for this very reason."
Guerrilla Street Food began as a food truck, which it still operates, in 2011. Its remaining service locations are:
- 3559 Arsenal St., opened in 2015
- 6120 Delmar Blvd. in the Loop, opened in March 2018
- 1601 Sublette Ave. at 2nd Shift Brewing, where it opened in June 2017
- 11658 Dorsett Road in Maryland Heights, added in May this year
A location that opened last year inside Tropical Liqueurs at 4104 Manchester Ave. closed in October.
Brian Hardesty, co-founder of Guerrilla Street Food, is teaming up with Seneca Commercial Real Estate to open a food truck garden, dubbed 9 Mile Garden, at 9375 Gravois Road in Affton Plaza next spring.
Check out the St. Louis Business Journal story here for a list of the best food trucks in St. Louis.
What's Cookin' in the Lou:
- There will be a holiday pop-up bar in Tower Grove Park this December
- Brennan’s closing its location in CWE, hopes to reopen
- Meet 'SugarHi'
- You'll soon be able to sip on Missouri Bourbon Whiskey
- From priesthood to peddling hot sauce: Meet the man behind Hot Charlie's
- Red Hot Riplets: 'The best hot chip in the world'