Wild Sun Winery in Hillsboro is partnering with St. Louis-based Brew Hub Taproom to break into Missouri's craft beer industry.
Wild Sun, which was co-founded in 2015 by Mark Baehmann and ex-Anheuser-Busch employee Ed Wagner, will initially brew two of its beers, an American blonde ale and a sunset red ale, at Brew Hub Taproom's four-barrel pilot brewing system at 5656 Oakland Ave. Lakeland, Florida-based Brew Hub, which was also co-founded by an Anheuser-Busch alum, Tim Schoen, brews for partner brewers as well as its own brands.
Subscribe: Abby Eats St. Louis
Wagner, who worked at Anheuser-Busch for 17 years in marketing, said by teaming up with Brew Hub, the winery can avoid building expensive brewing equipment that could cost millions of dollars.
“Brew Hub’s main premise is to produce beer for breweries who aren’t able to meet demand,” Wagner said. “For us, not able to meet demand because we don’t even have the facility to do that, it falls into the ballpark on what they’re trying to do.”
Read the rest of this story on the St. Louis Business Journal website.
What's Cookin' in the Lou:
- Natty Light is looking for interns to get paid to drink beer
- Brunch. So. Hard. How the meal is turning Sunday morning into the new Friday night
- Sugarfire competing in Annual Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
- ‘Bader Tots’ are a thing and here’s where you can get them
- Kirkwood bakery among one of the best in the country