ST. LOUIS — Schlotzsky's sandwich chain has plans to re-enter the St. Louis market with five Austin Eatery branded restaurants, the company confirmed to the Business Journal.
The first location will open at the Tidal Wave Luxury Car Wash at 158 Long Road in Chesterfield Valley by May 15, followed by another location at Tidal Wave Luxury Car Wash in Ellisville at 137 Clarkson Road in the first quarter of 2020.
Local entrepreneur Mace Nosovitch, who owns the Tidal Wave car washes, is the Schlotzsky's Austin Eatery franchisee. The locations will have mobile ordering, on-the-go pickup kiosks, full catering menu and Carvel Ice Cream and Cinnabon, Nosovitch said.
Investment costs were not disclosed. But there's an initial $30,000 franchisee fee and investment costs range from $503,814 to $787,984 for new locations, Schlotzsky's website says.
There previously were several Schlotzsky's sandwich shops in St. Louis, including downtown, Clayton, Rock Hill, and O'Fallon, Missouri, but they have been closed for some years.
For the full story from the St. Louis Business Journal, click here.
What's Cookin' in the Lou:
- New seafood restaurant opens in the Central West End
- Brunch. So. Hard. How the meal is turning Sunday morning into the new Friday night
- Brunchin' | Try this spot for their European-style food and bloody marys made with 17 secret ingredients
- Hillsboro winery gets assist from Brew Hub to expand into craft beer
- ‘Bader Tots’ are a thing and here’s where you can get them