ST. LOUIS — This school year, St. Louis' 25 largest independent private primary schools took in more than $46 million in tuition for students in grades K-6.
Average tuition at the 25 schools ranges from $10,228 to $15,560. Student-to-faculty ratios range from 3:1 to 18:1, and average class size ranges from seven to 28.
The most expensive school on the list specializes in teaching students with dyslexia, ADHD and other learning disabilities. The school's annual tuition price is $35,500. The most affordable school has a $6,200 annual tuition fee. The four schools with the lowest tuition are all Lutheran institutions.
The smallest school ranked here is The St. Michael School of Clayton, which has 108 students enrolled in grades K-6. Private schools with fewer than 108 K-6 students are not included in the slideshow.
Most expensive private primary schools:
- Churchill Center & School, $35,500
- Mary Institute and Saint Louis Country Day School (MICDS), $21,160 - $29,040
- Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School, $6,880 - $23,135
- Visitation Academy, $4,290 - $21,510
- Forsyth School, $14,220 - $21,337