ST. PETERS, Mo. — A man was taken to the hospital after a fire at a St. Peters condo complex late Thursday night.
The condo is on Devonshire Court between Mexico Road and Interstate 70.
The fire was only in one of the units, mainly in the basement where there was extensive damage. Officials said there was about $100,000 in fire and water damage.
Fire officials said a candle was left burning which resulted in the fire.
Fire crews said the man is 44 years old and was taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation.
- 10 things to do in St. Louis this weekend
- SLU student found critically injured in the Central West End Thursday morning
- UAW workers at Wentzville GM plant vote in favor of new contract, now wait on other chapters to vote
- Second Illinois resident dies of vaping-related lung damage
- Researchers tracking snakes at Powder Valley in St. Louis County
- Pretzel Pretzel will soon have a new home