Crews were called to the 1000 block of Olive Tuesday evening, after an underground vault fire occurred.

A spokesperson for the St. Louis Fire Department said it happened around 7 p.m. and crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Ameren Missouri said the fire was caused by a transformer malfunction.

The building was not evacuated by the fire department, and Ameren Missouri is assessing the electrical damage.

No Ameren customers were affected by this incident.

{"url":"https://twitter.com/SpicyLikeMelB16/status/747944921210855430","author_name":"Melissa Breer","author_url":"https://twitter.com/SpicyLikeMelB16","html":"&#lt;blockquote class=\"twitter-tweet\"&#gt;&#lt;p lang=\"en\" dir=\"ltr\"&#gt;&#lt;a href=\"https://twitter.com/ksdknews\"&#gt;@ksdknews&#lt;/a&#gt; Some kind of explosion just happened in the Syndicate Lofts 915 Olive St. &#lt;a href=\"https://twitter.com/STLFireDept\"&#gt;@STLFireDept&#lt;/a&#gt; on scene &#lt;a href=\"https://t.co/IH1nGQ12fk\"&#gt;pic.twitter.com/IH1nGQ12fk&#lt;/a&#gt;&#lt;/p&#gt;— Melissa Breer (@SpicyLikeMelB16) &#lt;a href=\"https://twitter.com/SpicyLikeMelB16/status/747944921210855430\"&#gt;June 29, 2016&#lt;/a&#gt;&#lt;/blockquote&#gt;\n&#lt;script async src=\"//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js\" charset=\"utf-8\"&#gt;&#lt;/script&#gt;","width":550,"height":null,"type":"rich","cache_age":"3153600000","provider_name":"Twitter","provider_url":"https://twitter.com","version":"1.0"}