ST. LOUIS — Those at Eckert’s Family Farm are doing their part to support the Saint Louis Zoo!
Eckert’s donated 100 pumpkins to the zoo that will be used for its annual "pumpkin stomp ‘n’ chomp" activities during Halloweekends.
The pumpkins are given to the animals for nutrition and enrichment, according to a Facebook post. Some of the animals like the seeds while others just like playing with the pumpkins.
Anyone who wants to watch as the animals receive their special pumpkin treats can do so during Halloweekends for the rest of the month.
Eckert's expressed how much it loves supporting other local businesses on its Facebook page.
"We LOVE supporting other local businesses, especially places as amazing as the zoo! #PickKindness."
Click here to learn more about all of the activities the zoo offers during Halloweekends.
RELATED: Boo at the Zoo is back this October!
- Show-Me Success: The seven generations behind Eckert's family farm
- EverCrisp apples at Eckert’s
- Duck Donuts gets spooky with Halloween-themed flavors
- From priesthood to peddling hot sauce: Meet the man behind Hot Charlie's
- Treats Unleashed acquires 5 retail stores in St. Louis, Kansas City
- Enterprise Center, Stifel Theatre to offer audio description for those who are visually impaired