ST. LOUIS — Enterprise Center and Stifel Theatre announced they will be partnering with MindsEye to provide audio description for people who are visually impaired for select shows and events.
Audio description is similar to the idea of sign language and allows people who are visually impaired to take full advantage of theater productions, art shows and museum exhibits, according to a press release.
The attendee can borrow a headset, free of charge, and listen to an audio describer explain the costumes, sets and what’s happening on stage.
“Our venues have worked with MindsEye in the past and found this to be a helpful tool for those who are visually impaired,” said Todd Mitchell, general manager, Enterprise Center and Stifel Theatre. “We are excited to make it a formal partnership.”
Anyone interested in using audio description should reach out to MindsEye to reserve a spot ahead of time.
The first service will be available at WWE Raw on Oct. 28 at 6:30 p.m.
Other events offering audio description:
- Peppa Pig: Peppa Pig’s Adventure – Stifel Theatre – Oct. 20 – 3 p.m.
- Baby Shark Live! – Stifel Theatre – Oct. 26 – 6:30 p.m.
- Harlem Globetrotters – Enterprise Center – Nov. 2 – 2 p.m.
- Guns ‘N Hoses – Enterprise Center – Nov. 27 – 6:30 p.m.
- Disney Jr. Holiday Party – Stifel Theatre – Dec. 4 – 6 p.m.
- Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Musical – Stifel Theatre – Dec. 19 – 7 p.m.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra – Enterprise Center – Dec. 26 – 3 p.m.
- Nick Jr. Live: Move to the Music! – Stifel Theatre – Jan 12 – 2 p.m.
- An American in Paris – Stifel Theatre – Feb. 12 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Color Purple – Stifel Theatre – April 11 – 8 p.m.
- The SpongeBob Musical – Stifel Theatre – May 3 – 2 p.m.
- Select St. Louis Blues games – to be announced
For more information, click here or call 618-394-6444.
- 'Sexiest ice cream alive': Clementine’s Creamery makes 'The O List' in Oprah Magazine
- Loop Trolley will stop operations next month unless it receives $200K
- Hi-Pointe Drive-In offering slider packs during Cardinals playoff games
- This is the only weekend you can pick EverCrisp apples at Eckert’s
- Duck Donuts gets spooky with Halloween-themed flavors
- Woman behind Stanley Cup tracker Twitter account finally sees the Cup