ST. LOUIS — A woman was killed in a car crash in north St. Louis early Sunday morning.
At 1:03 a.m., emergency crews responded to Kingshighway and Highland, which is on the edge of the Kingsway West and Kingsway East neighborhoods.
The preliminary investigation revealed a Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by a 27-year-old man was driving south on Kingshighway when Yolander Watson tried to make a left turn on Highland.
The Jeep hit Watson’s 2006 PT Cruiser.
Both drivers and two passengers in the Jeep were rushed to a nearby hospital. Watson was pronounced dead a short time later. She was 59 years old.
A 27-year-old woman who was in the Jeep suffered critical injuries. The other victims are stable.
The St. Louis police department’s reconstruction team is handling the investigation.
Police have not released any further details at this time.
Latest local headlines:
- 'The right person to lead us': St. Louis County Executive Sam Page stands by police chief
- 'A lot of people depend on me' | Family rallies to help grandmother after the van she uses to help others is stolen
- Missouri troopers find teen with meth strapped to abdomen
- Gov. Parson tours neighborhood grill-outs aiming to reduce crime
- 1 arrested after man, woman shot and killed in Riverview