LEMAY, Mo. — Firefighters are on the scene of a fire at the Republic Services Recycling plant in Lemay.
The plant is located in the 400 block of Bayless in Lemay.
Smoke could be seen billowing out of the site, which is right next to Interstate 55 in south St. Louis County. Emergency responders have blocked off a portion of Bayless Avenue east of I-55 to allow crews to work the fire.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information is confirmed.
Latest local headlines:
- Adoptable dogs are spending Thanksgiving in homes instead of a shelter
- 10,000 people will get a free Thanksgiving meal, no questions asked, thanks to a St. Louis-area chef
- Man shot to death on Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 'We were luckier than some' | Trampoline tossed onto car, house by Tuesday windstorm
- Grieving father wants City Workhouse shut down