ST. LOUIS — Grants from the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund totaling nearly $370,000 were given to 16 nonprofit organizations serving St. Louisans who are affected by the coronavirus.
The COVID-19 Regional Response Fund was created and funded by a coalition of area foundations, businesses and individual donors, according to a press release.
An advisory council of health experts, foundation partners and corporate and community representatives awarded funds to the following organizations:
- Aging Ahead: elder services and food delivery
- Cardinal Ritter Senior Services: basic needs, mental health, and isolation
- St. Louis Area Agency on Aging: nutrition, transportation and other services
- Catholic Charities: coordinate agencies providing unmet and emerging needs
- Community Action Agency of St. Louis County: rent, mortgage, utility, and food assistance
- Connections to Success: access to technology, food, transportation, occurring because of a job loss
- Metro Trans Umbrella Group: food and toiletries, and address social isolation for transgender adults
- Salvation Army: food, supplies, shelter
- St. Francis Community Services: therapy, legal aid and case management
- Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis: nutrition and isolation and low-income rent and utilities
- United for Children: nutrition and childcare for emergency and essential personnel
- Paraquad: emotional support and communication for families and caregivers
- Operation Food Search: food for children and families
- St. Louis Area Food Bank: provide food given network disruptions
Mental and Behavioral Health
- Alive & Well Communities: basic services, mental health, and isolation
- Behavioral Health Network: uninsured adults, homeless without phones
Contributions are being accepted for both the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund and Gateway Resilience Fund, which will assist employees and owners of restaurants, bars and shops affected by the coronavirus.
The fund was organized by the St. Louis Community Foundation.
Click here for more information.
More Coronavirus Coverage
- How you can help local food pantries during coronavirus pandemic
- Metro East woman living in Germany tests positive for COVID-19
- Should you wear gloves at the grocery store to stop coronavirus?
- Everything we know about coronavirus in the St. Louis area
- How St. Louis area police are protecting themselves from COVID-19
- St. Louis-based grocery stores to give 'appreciation bonus' to workers during coronavirus outbreak