ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — The Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis was activated after a shooting in Calverton Park Monday night.
At around 10:30 p.m., the Calverton Park Police Department responded to a call for a shooting in the 100 block of Elbring Drive.
When officers arrived, they found 33-year-old Louis Banks suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
A second person was found and taken to the hospital.
Twenty investigators with the Major Case Squad are investigating the shooting. Police said this is an isolated incident and there is no threat to the community.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Major Case Squad Hotline at 314-830-6039 or Crimestoppers at 1-866-371-TIPS (8477).
Crimestoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information on this shooting.
- St. Louis County police believe they found the body of Jennifer Rothwell in Lincoln County
- Innocence Project has setback in attempt to test DNA that could link decades-old murder to Thomas Bruce
- Police looking for witness who might know about accidental shooting of 12-year-old
- 'She's making ends meet' | Family tries to help single mom who survived house explosion in Belleville
- One year later, Blues' Berube has already become a legend
- First look: James Beard Award nominees to open Winslow's Table this week in U City