UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. — A 21-year-old man has been charged in the death of a 19-year-old from University City.
Deronte McDaniels was charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action.
On Oct. 21, around 3:45 p.m. police were called to the area of Kingsland Avenue and Corbitt Avenue for a report of shots being fired.
Officers found 19-year-old David Anderson Jr. suffering from multiple gunshot wounds in the yard of a home in the 1100 block of Kingsland.
He was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
According to charging documents, McDaniels and two other men walked up to Anderson with the intent of shooting him. McDaniels and at least one of the men shot Anderson multiple times, a University City Police Department investigator found.
McDaniels is being held on a $1 million cash-only bond.
- 4-year-old rescued from apartment fire in Belleville, Illinois
- 'I don’t want to send her to school' | Parents worried after guns brought to 2 St. Louis County schools within 2 days
- Escaped wallaby leads investigators to controversial Franklin County 'pet ranch'
- Stephen Piscotty to sell his St. Louis area home soon
- Here’s why kids in St. Louis tell jokes on Halloween
- Drone video: Fall colors are starting to pop along the Great River Road
- You'll soon be able to sip on Missouri Bourbon Whiskey