ST. LOUIS — A man was killed in a crash early Saturday morning in St. Louis.
He was identified as 33-year-old Tommie Jackson.
The accident happened around 12:30 a.m. on southbound I-55 near Weber Road.
Witnesses told police Jackson was driving at a high rate of speed when he lost control and went off the road.
He crashed into two trees which caused his car to break into two parts, according to police.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Accident Reconstruction is handling the investigation.
IN OTHER NEWS
- New details tell more about how 'Seinfeld' actor Charles Levin died tragically
- Person dies after being stabbed by neighbor during fight in Valley Park
- Texas substitute teacher fired, charged after video shows her fighting with student
- Dogs are dying face-first in snack bags: What pet owners need to know
- Fraternity closes troubled University of Missouri chapter
- NASA's 'Hidden Figures' to be awarded Congressional Gold Medals