ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — A suspect turned himself in after a man was shot killed near the North Hanley MetroLink station Thursday night.
The St. Louis County Police Department said Friday evening that the suspect, an unidentified 21-year-old male, turned himself in earlier in the day. Charges had not yet been filed as of Friday night.
Around 10:15 p.m., officers responded to the 4300 block of North Hanley Road for a shooting. When they arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the shooting happened near the intersection of North Hanley Road and University Place Drive.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting should call police at 636-529-8210 or CrimeStoppers at 1-866-371TIPS(8477).
- Gov. Parson announces plan to help curb violent crime in St. Louis area
- Missouri man becomes 8th person in the US to die from vaping-related illness
- Carpenter's extra-innings HR, 8 innings from Flaherty lead Cardinals to win over Cubs
- 'I'm terrified': Woman says her boyfriend will survive after being shot at Sasha's on Shaw
- Homicide detectives investigating after 19-year-old shot in head
- 'Worst feeling in the world' | Teen calls 911 after mom shot in head
- 2 sexual assaults reported on campus at SLU