ST. LOUIS, MO -- A missing south Charlotte mother and her 8-year-old daughter have been found after disappearing for over 24 hours.

According to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police, Megan Stack and her daughter, Ava, went to an emergency medical service station outside St. Louis Wednesday morning and asked to be taken to a hospital to be evaluated.

More News

Next Story

Not Available

Just For You

Not Available


Not Available

Authorities are working to reunite Ava with other family members.

Megan picked Ava up from class at Bain Elementary School in Mint Hill Monday and the two disappeared, prompting officials to launch a Silver Alert and request an Amber Alert (which was denied). Authorities said Megan left her home in south Charlotte 1:30 p.m. Monday and did not return.

RELATED: Silver Alert issued for missing south Charlotte mom

“Because of Megan Stack’s emotional state and recent behavior, there is serious concern for their safety,” CMPD said. While officials would not specify the nature of the concerning behavior or any medical issues, they said she has had concerning behaviors in the past.

Ava's father, Timothy Lybarger, also addressed media Wednesday pleading for any information on his daughter's whereabouts.

“She’s my world. She’s everything to me. She’s all I have. She’s missing," Lybarger said.

Lybarger's attorney released the following statement on his behalf Wednesday afteroon:

Mr. Lybarger and his family are relieved that Ava and her mother, Ms. Stack, were found safe and unharmed this morning. Mr. Lybarger has made arrangements for Ava to be safely transported back to her home in Charlotte, North Carolina where she will be reunited with her family.

Mr. Lybarger and his family would like to thank local law enforcement, including the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department, for their tireless efforts, as well as local news stations for their continued coverage of this matter. Mr. Lybarger is especially grateful for the overwhelming amount of support, prayers, and vigilance from the public throughout this search effort.

On behalf of the Lybarger family, I would ask that everyone respect their privacy at this time as they recover after a difficult couple of days.