COOPER COUNTY, Mo. — A K9 officer with Missouri State Highway Patrol helped seize 45 pounds of marijuana during a traffic stop on Tuesday.
MSHP stopped a car along Interstate 70 in Cooper County for speeding and lane violations. Forty-five pounds of marijuana was found inside a suitcase and plastic totes, along with ecstasy and other pills.
Cooper County is more than two hours west of St. Louis.
“Fact. I’ve never found a suitcase that held any suits,” MSHP quoted K9 Rony on Twitter.
MSHP often shares stories of K9s making large drug busts. Just last week, K9 Rony found more than 200 pounds of marijuana and three stolen guns during two traffic stops.
More Local News
- Meet Tank: He has a higher success rate than most K9s
- St. Louis native Jenna Fischer picks Girls on the Run St. Louis to receive $10K donation
- Humane Society's Puppy Bowl lineup is ready for forever homes
- Parkway West to host community conversation on youth vaping epidemic
- 'Only cowards do things like that': Man to be charged in dog abuse case
- After Gates Foundation picks St. Louis, activist group says Bill Gates needs to work on West Lake Landfill first