ST. LOUIS — Missouri lawmakers are trying to make grants available for potential builders of an ultrafast Hyperloop test track in the state.
House lawmakers in a voice vote Tuesday gave initial approval to a bill that would make a Hyperloop track eligible for state grants.
Hyperloop technology involves a tubular track through which a train-like pod carries passengers at speeds up to 640 mph.
Missouri elected officials and business leaders are advocating for a Hyperloop test track in the state.
The hope is to eventually connect Kansas City and St. Louis with a track.
More Local News
- Dollar General’s DGX store coming to Clayton
- Family Court pushes blame back on County Executive for Prop P deficit
- K9 finds over 200 pounds of marijuana and 3 stolen guns during 2 traffic stops
- Bald eagle shot, killed in northern Missouri
- 'Don't give up' yard signs pop up in Webster Groves, Kirkwood
- Lincoln County to get facility dog to help give children a voice in court