ST. LOUIS — An investigation is underway after an officer-involved shooting Thursday morning in The Grove.
Shortly after 2 a.m., police responded to a report of a robbery at White Castle on Manchester and Chouteau Avenue.
An officer said he spotted a man matching the suspect’s description in an alley off Manchester.
When the officer approached the man, he turned around and pointed a gun at the officer. The officer then got out of his car and began firing at the man.
The man was shot once in the knee and was taken to an area hospital where he remains in critical condition. The 36-year-old officer wasn't injured.
Police said they are confident the man, 27, is the robbery suspect. Police recovered his gun, a fully loaded .22 caliber semi-automatic pistol.
- 'How can you hate me when you don’t even know me?' | Musician questions KKK members across the nation
- Questions raised after 2 die on same day while crossing train tracks in St. Louis County
- 'I'd like to see it shut down' | St. Louis gas station where boy was shot has history of trouble
- St. Louis County 4-year-old found wandering in near-freezing cold in pajamas
- 'He’s going to get a lot of treats!' | Good Samaritan reunites with dog after car stolen while helping strangers in St. Louis