FARMINGTON, Mo. — Farmington issued a precautionary boil water order due to a water main being hit by a contractor on Black Knight Drive.
Officials said the order will be lifted as soon as bacteriological samples demonstrate that the water is safe for use.
It usually takes around three days to get samples back.
The following locations are under the precautionary order:
- Maple Valley Drive, between Maple Street and Liberty Street
- Hazel Lane
- Parkland Drive
- Potosi Street from Maple Street to Cayce Ave
- W Columbia Street between Perrine and US 67
- Dewey Ave
- Kinzer Street
- Short Street
- Boyce Street from Perrine to Dewey Ave
- W Liberty Street, between Potosi Street and US 67 Highway
- Ridge Crest
- Willow Creek
- Maple Ridge Drive and Court
- N Alexander Ave
- S Alexander Ave
- Harrington Drive
- Black Knight Drive
- Hyler Drive
- Westmount Drive
- Doctors Drive
- Westgate Drive
- Kinley Drive
- W Second Street
- Ruby Drive
- Rose Drive
- Aldergate from Veron to Perrine
- Institution Drive
Residents in the affected area are encouraged to:
- Boil all water used for human consumption. This will include all water used for drinking; cooking and even water used while brushing your teeth.
- You will also want to boil the water you use when making coffee. Coffee makers will not boil the water as it filters through to the coffee pot.
- When boiling water, it should come to a full rolling boil for a total of 3 minutes. After you have achieved a full rolling boil for at least 3 minutes, let the water cool before consumption.
- You should also turn off the water supply to your icemaker if you have one. If you cannot turn off your icemaker, you should throw out all of the ice made until 24 hours after the boil order has been lifted.
For more information, call the Farmington Public Works Department at 573-756-0608.