ST. ANN, Mo. – One person was injured while working on a vacant house in St. Ann Thursday afternoon.

Two employees were trying to cap off the gas line, but didn’t do it properly, according to the St. Ann police chief. The employees were working on remodeling the house. Police said they were welding and the fire from the weld set off the gas explosion.

The house is in the 3300 block of Marmery Lane.

The injured worker was taken to a hospital with minor injuries. Police have not said what company the employees work for.