JEFFERSON COUNTY, Mo. — A suspect is in custody after stealing a fire department SUV, leading deputies on a chase and crashing in Jefferson County, according to the sheriff’s department.
The suspect got behind the wheel of an Antonia Fire Protection District SUV Sunday morning and crashed it through the truck bay, Jefferson County Sheriff Dave Marshak said.
That sparked a police chase with Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies.
The driver of the SUV crashed into several vehicles and came to a stop on Jeffco Boulevard at Highway 141, which is a busy stretch in Arnold.
Deputies took the suspect into custody, Sheriff Marshak confirmed.
The sheriff tweeted a photo of the SUV, which showed damage to the front end.
No other information has been released at this time.
Top stories people are reading right now:
- Bud Light’s ‘Gloria Brew’ toasting the Blues goes on sale Monday
- Luckiest baby alive born in St. Louis Co.
- 'It would be easier if I had someone to blame' | Local wife remembers husband killed by tree branch
- Child drowns, adult in critical condition after car drives into Marthasville pond
- 'I knew how much she loved him' | Woman's caretaker son dies in University City house fire