ST. LOUIS — The Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis hosted the area’s largest food giveaway on Thursday.
At the event, 1,000 families in need throughout the St. Louis area will receive food on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some people started lining up at 8 a.m. and waited 2-3 hours to get food.
The event has several sponsors including: Enterprise Holdings Foundation, Emerson, the Regional Business Council, Sysco, the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund Coalition, Church of God in Christ Urban Initiatives Program, the Empowered Church and Operation Food Search.
The food giveaway was held at the Urban League St. Louis Community Outreach Center at 8960 Jennings Station Road from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday.
More Local News
- HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital builds triage tent for coronavirus screening
- Girls Scouts of Eastern Missouri donate thousands of boxes of cookies to USO of Missouri
- GiftAMeal helps raise $20K for coronavirus hunger relief
- McDonald's workers in St. Louis go on strike over unsafe conditions, lost hours, pay cuts
- Young mother battling COVID-19: 'I would have not left my house if I knew how miserable this was'
- Everything we know about coronavirus in the St. Louis area