ST. LOUIS — A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed in south St. Louis Tuesday morning.
At around 10:40 a.m., St. Louis police were called to the Starbucks located in a strip mall at S. Kingshighway Boulevard and Chippewa Street for a report of a cutting.
When officers arrived, they found a woman in the strip mall suffering from a stab wound to her chest.
The 41-year-old woman was taken to an area hospital in critical condition. Police said her vitals were unstable.
Police said a woman and a man fled the area after the incident. The man was taken into custody, but the woman is still on the loose. She was described as having blonde hair and wearing dark clothing.
MORE LOCAL NEWS
- Boy inspires community to help build all-inclusive playground in Perryville
- Man kidnapped at gunpoint, driven around St. Louis in own car before escaping, police say
- Fenton food pantry receives hundreds of donations after posting photo of empty shelves
- Man accused of meeting 13-year-old girls on Snapchat to exchange sex for vape pods
- Worker dies after being trapped in Imperial business fire