— Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. However, our picks and opinions are independent from USA Today’s newsroom and any business incentives.
There are loads of deals happening every day on pretty much everything you could ever want or need. But oftentimes, those deals are on products that aren't actually that great or are inflated to look like better savings than you're actually getting. That's where we come in. We have reviewed thousands of products to determine which are actually worth buying. And we also use tools like Fakespot and Camel Camel Camel to dig deeper into seemingly great sales to find out if they're actually worth it. At the same time, we scour all the top retailers to catch sales you'd love but might otherwise not find out about until it's too late.
We will be updating this post throughout the week to bring you all the best deals on products you'll love and sales at your favorite retailers. Plus, keep an eye out for specials and freebies during the month of October that you can get outside of the internet.
1. Under $2,000: The best OLED TV ever
If you've been thinking about upgrading your TV, OLED is the way to go. These TVs are brighter and sharper, and have better contrast than regular LED screens. We've tested a lot of them here in our labs and our TV expert gave the C8 a perfect 10.0 score. He even said watching the C8 has wrecked all other home viewing experiences for him because it's that good.
Normally, the C8 costs $2,000, which is super affordable for an OLED already. But we managed to land an exclusive offer from Massdrop that drops the price down to the lowest we've seen. You can get the 55-inch C8 for just $1,699.99 now through Monday, Oct. 15. And if you want something even bigger, the 65-inch is also on sale for $2,300 ($700 in savings) and the 77-inch is $5,000 ($2,000 in savings). Just choose the size you want at checkout.
2. Under $20: The best affordable flashlight we've ever tested
This flashlight from Anker is the best affordable flashlight we've ever tested. It lasts up to 20 hours of continuous use and it's very bright. But the best part is that it's USB rechargeable, so you don't have to go searching for those odd-size batteries regular flashlights always seem need. Right now, you can get it for 15% off with the code "ANKER108."
3. Under $100: Our favorite fitness tracker
Whether you're trying to reach new health goals or just want to see how much you're moving every day, a fitness tracker is a great (and fashionable) piece of wearable technology to have on your wrist. Not only is it encouraging to see the number go up, but you can refer to past data and attempt to smash records on your own time. The Fitbit Charge 2 is the best fitness tracker we've ever tested and we loved how it has a heart rate monitor, large screen to show you all your stats, and an app with an amazing interface. Right now, it's at the lowest price we've ever seen and is at a great price for anyone who needs a little motivation to get moving.
4. Under $20: Braided lightning cables
There's nothing worse than a fraying charging cable. These braided nylon cables from Anker won't ever fray, making them a great choice for anywhere you need them. Right now, you can save 25% on a 2-pack of the 3- and 6-foot options in black, silver, or red with the code "ANKER532" on Amazon. These don't support fast charging, so we recommend using them in places like guest rooms, the garage, or the kitchen where you might just need a little extra boost.
- Get the Anker 3.3-ft. Nylon Braided Lightning Cable 2-Pack on Amazon for $14.99 (Save $5)
- Get the Anker 6-ft. Nylon Braided Lightning Cable 2-Pack for $17.99 (Save $7)
5. Under $10: Our favorite affordable meat thermometer
Even though the weather's getting colder, you can still enjoy a nice dinner prepared on the grill. But even if you're a grilling expert, it can still be tricky to grill your meat perfectly. To avoid undercooking (or worse, overcooking) your dinner, you might want to invest in a meat thermometer. This one from Habor is the best affordable meat thermometer we've ever tested because it worked just as well as some of the more expensive models. Right now, it's back down to one of its lowest prices.
6. Dermstore: Save 20% on health and beauty
Whether you need to stock up on sheet masks or replenish your eyeliner stash, Dermstore's a great place to look. Right now through October 12, you can take advantage of the Friends & Family Sale. After you fill up your cart, enter the code "FRIEND" at checkout and you'll get 20% off your purchase. Dermstore has everything from our favorite hair dryer (available for $199.20 with the sale) to skin care and makeup to men's products, but note that some brands, including Stila, beautyblender, and Essie are not participating in the sale.
7. L.L.Bean: Save 20% on clothing, outerwear, and footwear
We may not be getting new episodes of Game of Thrones this year, but winter is, in fact, coming. L.L.Bean is one of the best brands when it comes to apparel and shoes that can handle any weather conditions, and right now they're holding a sale that will help you save 20% on your winter essentials. Stock up on sweaters, replace your worn-out peacoat with something heavy, or try and score a pair of their famous Bean Boots. The sale runs through Monday, Oct. 15 and it includes sale items!
More awesome deals on great products
- Anker Nebula Mars II Portable Projector —$399.99 on Amazon with the code "NEBULA10" (Save $200): This is the second lowest price we've we've seen for a personal favorite portable projector.
- Apple Airpods True Wireless Earbuds—$144.98 on Amazon (Save $17): This is the best price we've seen so far for the best true wireless earbuds.
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance LightStrip—$59.98 on Amazon (Save $30.01): These light strips are a version of the best ones we've ever tested and they're back down to their lowest price.
- Protein Bars and Snacks Deal of the Day —Save up to 30% on Amazon: This one-day deal features low prices on favorite protein bars like Clif Bar, Vega, Olly, Quest, and more.
- TCL 49-In. Roku 4K Smart TV—$319.99 on Amazon (Save $160): It may be last year's model, but you won't find a better price for an affordable smart 4K TV.
- ThermoPro TP20—$52.99 on Amazon (Save $7): The second lowest price we've seen on one of our favorite probe thermometers.
Other sales happening at retailers you love
- Anthropologie Sale —Save an extra 25% off sale
- Houzz Anniversary Sale —Save up to 70% on best sellers
- Levi's Warehouse Event —Save up to 70% off closeout styles
- Sur La Table's Anniversary Sale —Save up to 70% off your favorite cookware
- Target Halloween Sale —Save up to 20% on costumes, decor and accessories online only
- Tarte's 7-Day Birthday Sale —Save 20% on skincare and body products with the code "THIRSTY"
- Wayfair Autumn Refresh Sale —Save up to 75% on select furniture and home decor
- WilliamS Sonoma —Save 20% on nonstick cookware from brands like All-Clad, Calpahlon (who makes our favorite nonstick frying pan, and more.
Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.