ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The race to the White House continued Wednesday through Florida, with former Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg visiting Tampa Bay.
Buttigieg, the former South Bend, Indiana, mayor, hosted two events for presidential nominee Joe Biden.
He's first met with veterans in Tampa and later attended a 5:30 p.m. "Pride at the Polls" event in St. Petersburg. Both were meant to shore up support for the Democratic ticket, especially Biden and running mate Sen. Kamala Harris.
Buttigieg, an Afghan War veteran and the first openly gay Democratic presidential candidate, dropped out of the race earlier this year after defying expectations against a better-known field of candidates.
On the Republican side, Donald Trump Jr. vouched for his father at several events Wednesday along Florida's east coast.
What other people are reading right now:
- DeSantis, White House working to get cruise ships sailing
- Can I change my vote in Florida? Google search spikes after President Trump's tweet
- Here's the full 2020 World Series schedule
- Hurricane warnings issued for parts of the US; Tropical Storm Zeta expected to regain strength
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter