MIAMI — Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris will travel to Florida on Halloween in a last-minute push to earn votes in the crucial battleground state.
While a handful of the latest polls show Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden with a narrow lead over incumbent Republican President Donald Trump, the data is well within the margin of error. President Trump won the state in 2016.
Sen. Harris' visit comes on the final weekend of early voting ahead of the Nov. 3 general election.
According to a campaign release, Harris will be holding three "Get Out the Vote Drive-In" rallies with stops in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Lake Worth.
While the Tampa Bay area was not listed as a stop on the Oct. 31 trip, the region has become a major focus of both campaigns in the lead up to Election Day.
What other people are reading right now:
- Trump, Biden will both campaign on Thursday in Tampa
- Can I change my vote in Florida? Google search spikes after President Trump's tweet
- NHC monitoring system in southwestern Caribbean Sea, could become tropical depression next week
- Florida man accused of changing Gov. DeSantis' voter information
- NFL plans to limit capacity at Super Bowl LV in Tampa
- 3 ways election night 2020 could be different
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter