ST. LOUIS — The St. Louis Cardinals will announce the 2020 Cardinals Hall of Fame Induction Class next week.
The Hall of Fame announcement will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest on May 22 at 6:30 p.m.
Cardinals president Bill DeWitt III and broadcaster Dan McLaughlin will announce the two modern players elected by fans during the online balloting process, according to a press release.
Fans were able to vote for Cardinals greats Steve Carlton, Keith Hernandez, Tom Herr, Matt Morris, Edgar Renteria, Lee Smith and John Tudor.
DeWitt will also name a veteran player selected for induction by the club’s committee of Cardinals baseball experts, according to the release.
Each member of the Cardinals Hall of Fame will be permanently enshrined in the Hall of Fame Gallery on the second floor of Cardinals Nation in Ballpark Village.
More Cardinals Stories
- Not knowing where they will be if baseball returns leaves players like Cardinals’ Rob Kaminsky in limbo
- Opinion | Yadier Molina wants to be the best catcher of all time, and the Cardinals are better for it
- Opinion | 5 designated hitter options for the St. Louis Cardinals
- Remembering St. Louis native, baseball legend Yogi Berra on 95th birthday
- Cardinals Care donates more than $150,000 in grant money to local youth groups